Subscribe:

IPL 2010 : Mumbai Indians! Duniya Hilla Denge!

Jan 12, 2009

'Counting records is not my job'




As a new international season beckons, it's clear Tendulkar's appetite for runs has not diminished with age.

Gulf News: How does it feel scoring your 68th first-class hundred in the Ranji semifinal?
Sachin Tendulkar: I just wanted to have some good match practice coming back from a break. In fact, it was a long break from the domestic scene and I am happy to get it in the Ranji semifinal.

India will be playing only five test matches this season.

Test cricket is always a good experience. But we have been playing too many Test matches in the last two years or so. Perhaps that was on the mind of BCCI officials before finalising the itinerary.

You playing fewer Test matches gives Ricky Ponting an opportunity to surpass your record of most centuries in Test cricket. Does that bather you?
I have repeatedly said that I do not play looking at the records. I go to the middle to perform my duties for the team. Counting records is not my job. I shall be happy to play any role the team wants me to.

Are you happy with your performance in the fourth innings chase against England in Chennai?
I did not look at it as something I was eagerly waiting for. I play because I like to play and enjoy the game. That is my motto. As long as I enjoy the game, I shall play.

Were you happy playing in the Indian Premier League?
Well, playing for the Mumbai Indians was really a good experience. The concept was unique and I really liked it. We were together for so many days, it was as if an extended family. We enjoyed every bit of the inaugural edition.

The BCCI is thinking of reducing the home advantages in domestic cricket.

See, playing at home is always special. It is great to perform in front of the home crowd. Every cricketer wants to achieve something great playing at home.

But learning to play away matches is important too.

It is equally important to play well when the crowd is against you. It helps when you are touring abroad, although the conditions are completely different there.

Both home and away matches are important. And in domestic cricket, there should be a chance for the home crowd too, to watch their favourite cricketers in action.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 SACHINIST™
Contact us | admin.sachinist@gmail.com