Subscribe:

IPL 2010 : Mumbai Indians! Duniya Hilla Denge!

Jan 14, 2009


Sachin is struggling with fever:Zaheer




Having put Mumbai in the driver's box with his devastating seven-wicket haul in the Ranji Trophy final against Uttar Pradesh, star Mumbai pacer Zaheer Khan said all he needed was to bowl in the right areas on the conducive track here.

Used to bowling mostly in shirtfronts, Zaheer was elated with the way the track at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium responded and said, "It's a good track to bowl on. It was good that I got the ball in the right areas." Zaheer's lethal second spell with the second new ball saw him scalping five crucial wickets for just 20 runs and the pacer said he was in a hurry to wrap things up before weariness crept in.

"It has been a long day for us. I was definitely getting tired, just wanted to get over it quickly. I am glad that I got those wickets quickly in that spell," he told reporters after the end of third day's play.

Zaheer said shooting out UP for 245 was not easy as long as Shivakant Shukla (99) was in the middle.

"I don't think it was a cakewalk for us. Shivakant was batting well. It was a good competition. This wicket was helpful to the bowlers and that was an advantage for us," he said.

Despite their upper hand in the match, Zaheer warned against complacency and said Mumbai would have to maintain the intensity.

Replying to a query, Zaheer said Sachin Tendulkar was feeling feverish due to which he could not come on to the field today.

"Sachin is struggling with fever. He is a bit low," he said.

Zaheer has been in stellar form throughout the 2008-9 season and his injury woes are also now a thing of past. Describing the niggles as part and parcel of the game, Zaheer said, "I don't want to talk about that. At the moment, I am enjoying my bowling. I just want to focus on that. Just wanted to do all things that keeps me fit".

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 SACHINIST™
Contact us | admin.sachinist@gmail.com