Subscribe:

IPL 2010 : Mumbai Indians! Duniya Hilla Denge!

Feb 15, 2009

Tendulkar's words buoyed me: Ojha

In the absence of first choice spinner Harbhajan Singh in the recently-concluded One-day series against Sri Lanka, a lot was expected from  Pragyan Ojha. 

The Hyderabad left-arm tweaker didn't wilt under the pressure and filled up admirably, with seven scalps from four ODIs in the Emerald Isle. 

"It was something... to play as the main spinner of the team. It was both pressure and responsibility. But I enjoyed every bit of it," the youngster told TOI on Friday. 

"The most prized wicket for me was that of Kumar Sangakkara in the first match of the series. It came at a time when the Lankans were on the verge of building a partnership and I was able to get him out," Pragyan said. 

"Another wicket which gave me a lot of satisfaction was Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardene's whom I dismissed in the second match." 

While he was thankful to his captain MS Dhoni and the support staff for their help, Ojha said the biggest encouragement came from Sachin Tendulkar. 

"It was in the third match and he came and told me that if I can to stick to my disciplined line and length, I will get wickets. He also told me to focus on my strength and reminded me about my domestic performance. I got four wickets in that match," an ecstatic Ojha said. 

How was he looking forward to the upcoming New Zealand tour? "I know conditions in New Zealand are not known to be suitable for spinners. But I will be ready to give my 100 per cent whenever the team requires my services," Ojha said.



0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 SACHINIST™
Contact us | admin.sachinist@gmail.com